This policy is effective as of January 13th, 2021.
INFORMATION THAT CHALLENGE HOUND COLLECTS
1. Information that all users provideWhen you sign up with Challenge Hound, we will collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Email Address
2. Information that challenge or event organizers provide
- Challenge details such as challenge names, descriptions, durations, logos, distances, start dates, challenge timezone, accepted activity types, and organizational groups;
- Billing Information, such as credit card number and billing address;
- Information about businesses, such as company name.
- Company logos and descriptions
3. Information that challenge or event participants provideWhen participating in a challenge, participants provide the following additional information:
- Profile Photo
- City and State
- Activity Ids
- Activity Names
- Activity Duration
- Activity Total Distance
- Activity Start Date and Time
- Activity Total Elevation
- Activity Type
Third-Party Account InformationChallenge Hound allows you to sign up and sync activities with third-party products and services, such as Strava, UACF, or Garmin (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you connect Third-Party Apps or Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as activity names, activity durations, activity distances, activity start date and times, activity elevations, activity types, activity ids, and account preferences (imperial vs metric). This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to Challenge Hound under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy controls in your Third-Party Account.
Challenge Hound allows Google Analytics to use these technologies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole for the purpose of analytics.
Data that is NOT collected or storedInformation available from Third-Party products and services varies depending on the Third-Party. Challenge Hound does not collect all of the information that is available from Third-Party products. Challenge Hound collects and stores the minimum amount of information to make challenges fun and engaging. Challenge Hound does not collect or store:
- GPS coordinates or locations
- Activity routes or physical locations
- Biometric health data, such as heart rate, blood pressure, or stress levels
- Sex or sexual orientation
- Data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership
HOW CHALLENGE HOUND USES INFORMATION
To provide servicesWe use the information we collect and receive to provide services on the platform, including providing you with the ability to:
- Create challenges and virtual races.
- To join and participant in challenges.
- Record activities and analyze challenge progress.
- Interact with other participants. For example to compete in a challenge or encourage engagement.
- To visualize challenge activities in new ways. For example, charts, graphs, and maps.
To protect you and the servicesWe use the information we collect to protect members, enforce our Terms of Service. For example, we find and remove content that violates our terms, such as hate speech or spam, as well as suspend or terminate accounts that share such content.
We may use your personal data to identify and protect against fraud or other illegal or inappropriate activities such as willful attacks on Challenge Hound’s information technology systems and as necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense.
To improve the servicesWe also use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the platform. To do this, Challenge Hound may use third-party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the platform.
To communicate with youWe use the information we collect to provide support in response to your requests and comments.
We may also use the information we collect to promote the platform, activities and challenges on Challenge Hound. This includes marketing and push communications, where you have not opted out of receiving such messages and notifications.
SHARING INFORMATION AND ACTIVITIES
Service Providers and VendorsWe may share your information with third parties who provide services to Challenge Hound such as supporting, improving, promoting and securing the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information.
Legal RequirementsIf we are requested to disclose Personal Data by law, court of law, or as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, we may do so.
Challenge Hound does not sell to third parties any Personal Data derived from a visitor’s visit to or from the use of the Challenge Hound platform except as part of a business transfer as described above.
HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATIONChallenge Hound has implemented critical physical, organizational and technical measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the data we collect. We have also taken steps to avoid accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data. While no system is completely secure, the measures implemented by Challenge Hound significantly reduce the likelihood of a data security breach.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your Challenge Hound account by ensuring no one else uses your computer or device when you are logged in, by logging off when you are not using the platform. Challenge Hound is not liable for any unauthorized use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Here are some examples of the data security controls in place at Challenge Hound:
- The use of encryption when personal information is transferred to and stored on Challenge Hound servers. Transmission between your browser and our web server is implemented using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology;
- Limited access to personal information by Challenge Hound staff on a need-to-know basis, and the use of robust authentication processes;
- The use of cloud based data centers with effective physical and logical data security controls, and the use of reputable third parties (AWS) who have demonstrated security consciousness; and Secure office premises and staff that are keenly aware of their data protection responsibilities.
- Challenge Hound protect data processing of information using advanced firewall technology.
GDPR COMPLIANCEUnder the General Data Protection Regulation EU/2016/679 (GDPR), Challenge Hound is the Data Controller that determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data. Data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Personal Data is collected for the specified and legitimate purpose of providing and utilizing the Challenge Hound platform. This includes storing and processing Personal Data for Participants, Registrants, Managers and Related Parties. The data collected is adequate, relevant and is limited to what is necessary to provide the user with the benefits of the Challenge Hound platform. Challenge Hound takes accountability for the security and use of such data when users register to join a challenge, sending confirmations, processing payments and generally managing the Challenge Hound platform and its challenges. Examples of managing Personal data collected include providing challenge progress reports, charting participant progress, providing personal analytics for distance, elevation and timing information for challenges, and obtaining challenge feedback, etc. All data is kept accurately and up to date and is kept only as long as necessary. Data is processed in an appropriate manner to maintain security for the user of the platform.
Challenge Hounds legal grounds for processing Personal Data include the provision of consent, the contractual relationships through the Terms of Service with Participants, Registrants, and Related Parties, and the legitimate and effective challenge platform that Challenge Hound provides it’s users.
EU data subjects permanently residing in the European Union may have supplementary statutory rights with respect to their personal data as outlined in the GDPR. This includes the right to access their personal data, have it deleted, have it corrected, or object to/restrict processing of such data. If you would like to make such a request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Challenge Hound has developed an EU Data Subject Rights Procedure to ensure your request is responded to in a timely manner. In the context of a request for erasure, Challenge Hound will scramble or pseudonymize the data subject’s information to make it anonymous. Once removal of Personal Data from the Challenge Hound platform is executed, Challenge Hound is no longer the Controller of such downloaded data.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICEIf you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with certain rights and options regarding your personal information.
Categories of Personal Information Sold, Transferred and Shared
Your ChoicesThe CCPA allows California residents the following rights. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law. You can request that we provide you the following information regarding our use of your Personal Information in the past 12 months:
- The categories of your Personal Information that we have collected
- The purposes for which we have collected or used such Personal Information
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you
- The categories of third parties with whom we have disclosed your Personal Information
- If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained
- If we have sold your personal information, a list identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased
- Access. You can request that we provide you a copy of your Personal Information that we have collected in the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete your Personal Information collected in the past 12 months when we no longer need such data in connection with our Services (subject to certain exceptions that may apply under applicable law).
• If you are a resident of California, and you wish to exercise any such rights listed above, please contact us at email@example.com
Contact Challenge Hound with any other concerns or questions.